QUESTIONS AND ANSWERSSearch for your question(s) and its answer(s) by browsing this page
Approach to works of artQuestions about studying and visiting works of art
PHOTOGRAPHING AND SHOOTING WORKS AND CULTURAL HERITAGE OF STATE MUSEUMS
For personal use, for studying and for the promotion of non-profit cultural heritage, it is possible to photograph works and cultural assets exhibited in state museums without the use of flashes, lights, selfie sticks, tripods and other media.
For the same purposes, photographic reproduction and / or publication of images is granted free of charge, except for the reimbursement of any material costs incurred by the museum complex or the museum for reproduction.
For other uses, including commercial ones, it is necessary to request authorization and verify the application of a fee issued by the museum complex or by the museum to take photographs or videos and for photographic reproduction and / or publication of images of the state cultural heritage.
CAN I TAKE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS?
For the same purposes, photographic reproduction and / or the publication of images is granted free of charge, except for the reimbursement of any material costs incurred by the Regional Directorate of Puglia Museums or the Museum for reproduction.
CAN I TAKE SHOTS OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR COMMERCIAL USE?
For other uses, including commercial ones, it is necessary to request authorization and verify the application of a fee issued by the Regional Museum Directorate or by the Museum to take photographs or videos and for photographic reproduction and / or Publication of images of the state cultural heritage.
WHAT ARE THE RULES TO RESPECT DURING THE VISIT?
Museums are institutional places: appropriate conduct is recommended, with respect for other visitors. Furthermore, it is compulsory to respect the museum signs, the instructions of the staff, turn off or mute the mobile phone, maintain a moderate tone of voice.
In particular, it is strictly forbidden:
- Touch or damage the works in any way;
- Consume food and drinks in the exhibition areas;
- Smoking, even the electronic cigarette;
- Use selfie sticks, stands or tripods, and trekking poles;
- Take pictures with flash;
- Introduce knives, metal tools or weapons;
- Dirt the walls or leave waste.
B. It is necessary to consult the regulations of the individual museums if you wish to bring dogs, with the exception of guide dogs to which access is always guaranteed.
WHERE DO I BUY TICKETS?
You can buy tickets:
- Online, by clicking here: Buy
- In museums, directly in the ticket offices at the Castello Svevo di Bari and Castel del Monte. In other places of culture there are automatic cash machines that allow you to buy the entrance ticket only with a credit card or debit card.
CAN I BUY TICKETS DIRECTLY AT THE MUSEUM?
At the ticket offices of the Swabian Castle of Bari and Castel del Monte you can buy your ticket in cash to visit any site of the Puglia Museums Regional Directorate. In the other ticket offices, you can only pay by credit card and debit card
I WANT TO SEE ALL THE MUSEUMS OF THE PUGLIA MUSEUMS DIRECTION, HOW CAN I DO IT?
WHAT IS PUGLIA MUSEI CARD?
It is the Card that allows you to visit all the museums of the Puglia Museum Directorate with a single ticket
WHAT IS MUSEO CARD?
It is the Card that allows you with an extra euro on the ticket price to enter your favorite museum as many times as you want for 6 months!
ARE THERE ANY CUMULATIVE TICKETS?
Yes, the following museums offer you the opportunity to buy tickets for two museums at a discounted price:
AM I ENTITLED TO FREE ENTRANCE?
Every first Sunday of the month, access to state museums, archaeological parks and places of culture is free for all visitors.
In the remaining days of the year, they are entitled to free admission:
- citizens of the European Union, under 18;
- non-EU minors;
- Italian citizens residing abroad, upon presentation of a suitable document certifying registration in the Registry of Italians residing abroad (AIRE), within the limits of the Fund specifically set up by the MIC;
- people with physical impairments or a family member or other companion who proves his / her membership in social and health assistance services “;
- citizens of non-EU countries on “reciprocity condition” (children under 12 must be accompanied);
- tourist guides from the European Union in the exercise of their professional activity, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority;
- tourist interpreters from the European Union when their work is needed alongside the guide, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority;
- the staff of the Ministry;
- the students of the advanced training courses of the Schools of the Ministry (Central Institute for Restoration, Opificio delle Pietre Dure, School for Mosaic Restoration);
- the members of the ICOM. (International Council of Museums);
- operators of voluntary associations who operate through agreements at the peripheral offices of the Ministry;
- the Inspectors and Honorary Conservators of the Ministry;
- the Military of the Carabinieri Command for the Protection of Cultural Heritage;
- members of the I.C.C.R.O.M .;
- journalists in good standing with the payment of membership fees, by showing a suitable document proving their professional activity (see DDG No. 1109 of 7/09/2019 DG-Museums);
- groups or groups of students from public and private schools in the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, upon reservation and in the quota established by the head of the institution;
- teachers and students enrolled in academies of fine arts or corresponding institutions in the European Union, by showing the certificate of enrollment for the current academic year;
- teachers and students of bachelor’s, master’s or post-graduate courses and research doctorates of the following faculties: architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, educational sciences or literature and philosophy with an archaeological or historical-artistic orientation. The same concessions are allowed to teachers and students of faculties or corresponding courses, established in the European Union states. Free admission is allowed to students by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year, and to teachers by showing a suitable document;
- permanent teachers or teachers with fixed-term contracts of the Italian school. The same will have access to exhibitions or temporary exhibitions with an exhibition path separate from the ordinary paid visit path, taking advantage of the DOCTOR’S CARD.
see the following link: http://musei.beniculturali.it/faq
ARE THERE ANY DAYS OF FREE ENTRY?
Free admission to all Italian state museums is provided on the first Sunday of each month.
AM I ENTITLED TO A REDUCED TICKET?
The reduced ticket of € 2.00 in all Italian state museums is exclusive to young people aged 18 to 25.
DO MUSEUMS OFFER THE SERVICE OF GUIDED TOURS?
At the moment, there is no guided tour service in the museums.
Activities and EventsAnswers on the activities and events carried out by the museums
ARE THERE PROJECTS DEDICATED TO SCHOOLS?
The training activity is part of the mission of the Puglia Museums Regional Directorate and is one of the main aspects that characterizes all the related museums. On the ministerial portal of the Sed, the Center for Educational Services of the Ministry of Culture, https://www.beniculturali.it/sed-centro-servizi-educativi, the projects proposed to schools in the area are included. The projects include various types of activities: technical-artistic laboratories, articulated educational paths, multimedia laboratories, playful-creative laboratories, PCTO projects – Pathways for transversal skills and orientation, guided tours and workshops for school groups and other groups / categories of visitors.
For information and further information: write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I DO AN INTERNSHIP / INTERNSHIP?
Internships and traineeships can be activated with universities, schools and research bodies and with other structures with which the regional directorate of Puglia museums activates agreements. For more information, contact the Educational Services Office of the Puglia Museums Regional Directorate.
For information and further information: write to email@example.com
CAN I EXAMINE / STUDY ONE OF THE WORKS OF THE MUSEUMS?
To study a work preserved or exhibited in state museums, it is necessary to forward the request to the management of the competent museum institute. Once all the necessary information has been received (purpose of the study, institute and contact person / project manager), the Management may authorize the study of the works and materials preserved in the museum.
I WANT TO DISCOVER ALL THE EVENTS AND EXHIBITIONS ORGANIZED BY THE PUGLIA MUSEUMS DIRECTION, HOW CAN I DO IT?
DOES DRMP HAVE AN OFFICE THAT ORGANIZES THE RESTORATION OF ITS ASSETS WITH A TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT FUNCTION?
ARE THE MUSEUMS ACCESSIBLE FOR VISITORS WITH DISABILITIES?
Yes, the museums of the Puglia Regional Museum Directorate are accessible to visitors with disabilities, except Castel del Monte and the National Archaeological Museum of Canosa di Puglia.
Free admission is also provided for the impaired visitor and for a family member or other companion who proves to be part of the social and health care services.
Museum spacesQuestions about the procedures for using the museum facilities
CAN THE MUSEUM SPACES BE USED FOR EVENTS?
The concession for use of state assets delivered to the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and for Tourism is governed by the Code of Cultural Heritage and Landscape. The use of the asset, having assessed the type of event to be carried out, may be subject to a fee; instead, to guarantee the protection of the asset, the stipulation of an insurance policy and a surety policy are always required. If the concession for use of the spaces involves – because it is carried out outside the ordinary opening hours of the site or due to the particularity of the event – the use of staff inside the museum complex, it is required, in compliance with the agreements stipulated at of national bargaining, a surety policy to guarantee the payment of the amounts due to the staff who will perform activities on behalf of third parties.
The request must be sent to the Regional Museums Directorate, the body responsible for issuing the authorization.
- Regulations for the granting of use of the spaces delivered to the Puglia Regional Museums Directorate (formerly Polo Museale della Puglia)
Areas available for concession in use:
- National Museum “G. Andreassi ”and the Archaeological Park of Egnazia
- National Archaeological Museum and Gioia del Colle Castle